Thursday, September 1, 2016

Make a change? But how?

I recently was asked how i wanted to "make a change". I wanted to share my reply.

First things first. I obviously want to change who's on the board. I want to change the dynamics of the board. I want to change how the board interacts with each other and the community. I've attended many many meetings where the current board is just so disconnected from each other. Many ugly arguments and inconsistencies.

I feel like I'm a fresh voice and it's time to shake things up at the BOE. It's time for change. It's time for something new.

I want to change how the public views the board. Right now it's not very positive. This needs to change. A board that works together cordially is one that can achieve anything. I want what's best for my kids and all the students of Paramus. I'm not saying the current board doesn't have the students best interest in mind it's just how are they supposed to accomplish anything when they can't agree on simple things. (Attend any meeting and you will see what I mean.)

Last night I attended the monthly board meeting and there were 8 people in the audience and that included one reporter. You might say "well that's b/c it's the summer", but honestly that's the usual attendance unless there's some pressing matter that the parents are upset about. Our community doesn't attend these meetings regularly at all. That's something I would love to work on. Getting the parents and community wanting to attend and be more informed on what the board is working on to better our district.

More to come! thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment